Navigating and Understanding the Legal and Regulatory Aspects
1. Auflage 2009,
509 Seiten, Gebunden, Format (B × H): 164 mm x 242 mm, Gewicht: 962 g
Verlag: GLOBE LAW & BUSINESS LTD
Bruno / y Cano Global Financial Crisis
Written by leading practitioners and renowned academics, this new title provides an in-depth analysis of aspects of the intersection between the financial crisis and the law and practice of selected key jurisdictions, including Argentina, Bermuda, Brazil, Cayman Islands, Germany, Iceland, India, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Mexico, the Netherlands, Russia, Spain, the United Kingdom and United States.
In particular, the book examines:
- the main cases of financial restructuring arising from the crisis, including Lehman Brothers, AIG and
the situation in Iceland;
- the banking laws and regulations enacted to deal with the financial system and bank rescues;
- the law and practice of the brokerage business in the context of the crisis;
- the legal challenges affecting offshore investment funds;
- the legal aspects of corporate and sovereign default and restructurings; and
- litigation arising from the crisis involving governments, bank shareholders, officers and managers,
depositors and creditors, investment fund managers and investors, corporations, sovereigns and their
This authoritative title provides legal practitioners, academics, financial agents, financial institution officers, investment analysts and managers, investors and officials of regulatory agencies with the information they need to navigate their way through the challenges arising from one of the most significant financial crises in recent history.