514 Seiten, Kartoniert, Format (B × H): 188 mm x 228 mm, Gewicht: 930 g
Henricks Mastering Home NetworkingNow that many homes have two or more computers, home networks are spreading like wildfire. By networking your computers together, you can share files, high-speed Internet connections, and peripherals such as printers and scanners, saving your household time, effort, and money. And where home networking used to involve expertise with protocols, wires, and power tools, new networking products let you build an effective network in minutes-without drilling, without pulling cables, and in some cases even without using wires. Written in straightforward, easy-to-understand language, Mastering Home Networking shows you how to:
* Choose the network topology and technology that best suits your home and your needs
* Build a home network using Ethernet cables, your existing phonelines or powerlines, or wireless adapters
* Configure networking on Windows 95, Windows 98, the Macintosh, Windows 2000, Linux, and NetWare
* Design and build a home office that will enable you to telecommute effectively
* Administer networked users, groups, and shared resources
* Add e-mail, games, and applications to your network
* Run your own Web server to share information with your household and friends
* Secure and troubleshoot your network
* Set up effective remote access so you can connect to your home network when you're on the road
Weitere Infos & Material
Part I: NETWORKING NOW.
Chapter 1: Understanding Computer Networks.
Chapter 2: Why Networks Aren't Just for Offices.
Chapter 3: Who's Networking?
Chapter 4: Home Networking Technologies.
Chapter 5: Making a Smart Choice.
Part II: NETWORKING NUTS AND BOLTS.
Chapter 6: Ethernet Networks.
Chapter 7: Phoneline Networks.
Chapter 8: Powerline Networks.
Chapter 9: Wireless Networks.
Chapter 10: Other Networks.
Chapter 11: Shopping for Network Equipment.
Part III: NETWORK SOFTWARE.
Chapter 12: Windows 95/98.
Chapter 13: Networking with Macintosh Computers.
Chapter 14: Other Network Operating Systems.
Chapter 15: Other Network Software.
Part IV: USING YOUR NETWORK BETTER.
Chapter 16: Setting Up New Users.
Chapter 17: Setting Up Shared Resources.
Chapter 18: Advanced Networking.
Part V: NETWORKING HOUSEWORK.
Chapter 19: Disaster Prevention.
Chapter 20: Network Security.
Chapter 21: Troubleshooting.
A: Online Home Networking Resources.
B: Home Networking Consultants and Courses.
D: The Companion CD.