1. Auflage 2020,
314 Seiten, Gebunden, HC runder Rücken kaschiert, Format (B × H): 160 mm x 241 mm, Gewicht: 731 g
Verlag: Springer International Publishing
Bezerra da Silva Junior / Barros / De Francesco Daher Tropical NephrologyThis unique book provides an introduction to the fascinating field of tropical nephrology, covering nephrology, infectious diseases and tropical medicine. These topics are connected since numerous infectious and parasitic diseases affect the kidneys and are endemic in the tropical areas of the globe. Considered neglected tropical diseases by the World Health Organization, they are largely linked to poverty and lack policies to prevent, treat and decrease their prevalence and incidence.
The tropics currently encompass nearly 150 countries and account for 40% of the world's population, and it is predicted that by 2050 this figure will rise to 55%. Most of the countries in the tropical regions have been classified by the World Bank as low-middle income countries and have limited access to services, including health care. As such, this highly topical book is of interest to a large number of healthcare professionals and researchers who are in contact with tropical diseases, especially those investigating their complications, such as kidney injury.
Divided into 23 chapters, it describes the most prevalent tropical diseases and conditions that affect the kidneys. It also presents the most recent epidemiological data, clinical manifestations, details of kidney involvement, including the pathophysiology of kidney injury, and the current treatment for each disease.
- Medizin | Veterinärmedizin Medizin | Public Health | Pharmazie | Zahnmedizin Klinische und Innere Medizin Nephrologie
- Medizin | Veterinärmedizin Medizin | Public Health | Pharmazie | Zahnmedizin Klinische und Innere Medizin Infektionskrankheiten
- Medizin | Veterinärmedizin Medizin | Public Health | Pharmazie | Zahnmedizin Medizinische Fachgebiete Umweltmedizin, Arbeitsmedizin, Tropenmedizin, Sportmedizin Reisemedizin, Tropenmedizin
- Medizin | Veterinärmedizin Medizin | Public Health | Pharmazie | Zahnmedizin Medizin, Gesundheitswesen Public Health, Gesundheitsmanagement, Gesundheitsökonomie, Gesundheitspolitik
- Medizin | Veterinärmedizin Medizin | Public Health | Pharmazie | Zahnmedizin Pflege Krankenpflege
Weitere Infos & Material
1. Tropical Diseases: A Public Health problem with impact on Nephrology2. Renal function evaluation in tropical diseases3. Poisoning by snakes and renal complications4. Hemorrhagic accidents by Lonomia obliqua5. Acute kidney injury by exogenous intoxications6. Renal involvement in arbovirosis7. Renal involvement in Chagas' disease (American Trypanosomiasis)8. Tropical diseases in renal transplantation 9. Kidney diseases associated to Schistosomiasis mansoni10. Acute kidney injury in yellow fever 11. Nephropathy in Lymphatic filariasis 12. Epidemic and post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis 13. Leprosy nephropathy14. Hantavirosis and the renal syndrome 15. Viral hepatites and kidney disease 16. Kidney diseases associated to HIV17. Staphylococcal infections and kidney disease 18. Renal involvement in American cutaneous leishmaniasis19. Visceral leishmaniasis (Kala-azar) nephropathy 20. Leptospirosis and the Weil's syndrome21. Malaria and renal complications 22. Mesoamerican Nephropathy23. Acute kidney injury in Tetanus24. Renal Tuberculosis