Impacts, Promises, and Possibilities
1. Auflage 2018,
146 Seiten, Gebunden, Format (B × H): 240 mm x 163 mm, Gewicht: 370 g
Reihe: Disability Sport and Physical Activity Cultures
Verlag: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Misener / McPherson / McGillivray Leveraging Disability Sport EventsThis empirically-grounded text examines the policy, planning, development and implementation of disability sport events. It draws insights from a major international comparative study of different types of large multi-national sporting events: integrated events where able-bodied athletes and athletes with a disability compete alongside one another, and non-integrated events where athletes with a disability are separated by time but occurring in the same location.
Guided by a critical disability studies perspective, the book highlights the strategic opportunity of sporting events to influence social change around community participation, and attitudes and awareness about disability more broadly. It also challenges assumptions about positive event legacies and suggests a need for a multi-lateral approach to planning.
An important read for students, researchers and scholars in the fields of sport policy, sport development, disability sport, sport management, disability studies and event studies.
- Sozialwissenschaften Sport | Tourismus | Freizeit Sport Behindertensport
- Sozialwissenschaften Sport | Tourismus | Freizeit Sport Sportveranstaltungen, Sportmanagement, Teams & Clubs
- Wirtschaftswissenschaften Wirtschaftssektoren & Branchen Dienstleistungssektor & Branchen
- Sozialwissenschaften Soziologie | Soziale Arbeit Spezielle Soziologie Freizeitsoziologie, Konsumsoziologie, Alltagssoziologie, Populärkultur
Weitere Infos & Material
1. Introduction to Disability Studies and Sport, 2. Sport Events and Social Change, 3. Conceptualizing Disability Events: Structure and Processes, 4. Policy Perspectives of Disability and Events, 5. Communicating Parasport Events: Marketing and Media, 6. Organizational Management Perspectives and Opportunities, 7. Attitudes and Disability Sport Events, 8. Future of Parasport Events…Separate but Equal?