Reprogramming the Healthcare Value Chain
154 Seiten, Gebunden, Book, Format (B × H): 160 mm x 241 mm, Gewicht: 3731 g
Reihe: Perspectives on Sustainable Growth
Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
Morgon Sustainable Development for the Healthcare IndustryThis volume addresses the dynamics of sustainable development in the healthcare industry, covering all major aspects, including R&D, manufacturing, regulation, market access, commercialization, and general management. Healthcare markets are evolving under demographic and economic pressures. In mature markets, patients navigate complex systems with limited control on healthcare quality and outcomes, while in developing markets, patients have limited awareness, access, and ability to pay for healthcare. The industry needs to identify which business targets are genuinely attractive for major or new investments.
At the same time, development of new products and services must be tackled within the context of environmental sustainability. Rather than focusing on the traditional issues of innovation, cost management, and commercial effectiveness associated with growth, the authors explore such emerging topics as:
- The mutations of innovation management
- The need to foster patient-centricity along the entire value chain of the healthcare industry and company-wide
- Issues related to improving healthcare access and disease management
- The allocation of educational resources focused on the patient to increase the effectiveness of disease management
- The preservation of natural resources and the environmental effect of pollution and hazards created by the handling of pharmaceutical products
- Issues related to the size of medical need and/or market demand
- The private-public partnerships necessary to address the full spectrum of public health issues, from basic patient access to care to managing global health crises
- The required organizational and governance evolutions for the healthcare industry to maintain profitability and sustainable growth.
Featuring contributions from leading academics and industry insiders with emphasis on environmental, economically, and socially sustainable practices, the authors present a unique, multi-faceted set of perspectives on this vital and rapidly evolving field.
Weitere Infos & Material
Ch 1 Sustainable development for the healthcare industry: Setting the stage.- Ch 2 Can innovation still be the main growth driver of the pharmaceutical industry?.- Ch 3 The importance of understanding the 'lived experience' of patients in pharmaceutical development programs.- Ch 4 Listening to the voice of the patient to facilitate earlier access to promising medicines: Interview with Sjaak Vink.- Ch 5 Drivers of the Real World Data revolution and the transition to Adaptive Licensing: Interview with Dr. Richard Barker.- Ch 6 Sustainable development for the healthcare industry: Vantage Point from Emerging Economies.- Ch 7 Disease Management in the perspective of sustainable growth in heath care system.- Ch 8 Thoughts on Sustainable Healthcare...in a Patient-Centric Society.- Ch 9 The Biopharmaceutical Industry as part of the solution for healthier, wealthier societies: Interview with Dr. Eduardo Pisani.- Ch 10 Sustainable development initiatives: Examples of successful programs and lessons learned-Interview with Dr. François Bompart.- Ch 11 The challenges of Sustainable Development for the Healthcare Industry: An Examination from the Perspectives of Biomedical Enterprises.- Ch 12 Corporation's social responsibility: From the awareness of philanthropy to the demand of implementation-The Case of Expanscience.