Theory, Research and Practice in Anxiety
1. Auflage 2018,
289 Seiten, Gebunden, HC runder Rücken kaschiert, Format (B × H): 157 mm x 253 mm, Gewicht: 630 g
Verlag: Springer, Berlin
Riskind / Rector Looming Vulnerability
This important volume:
· Introduces the Looming Vulnerability Model in its evolutionary, developmental, cognitive, and ecological contexts.
· Unites diverse theoretical strands regarding anxiety, fear, and worry including work on wildlife behavior, experimental cognition and perception, neuroimaging, and emotion.
· Defines the looming cognitive style as a core aspect of vulnerability.
· Describes the measurement of the looming cognitive style, Looming Maladaptive Style Questionnaire, and measures of looming vulnerability for specific disorders.
· Details diverse clinical applications of the LVM across the anxiety disorders.
Spotlighting phenomena particularly relevant to current times, Looming Vulnerability, brings a wealth of important new ideas to researchers studying anxiety disorders and practitioners seeking more avenues for treating anxiety in their patients.
Weitere Infos & Material
Introduction.- Evolutionary and Ecological Functions of Dynamic: Perceptions of Looming Danger.- Dynamic Information is Integral to Perception, Cognition and Emotion.- Basic Postulates of the Looming Vulnerability Model.- Dynamic Gains in Growing Threat and Threat Appraisal.- Effects of Moving and Looming Stimuli on Attention, Memory, and Fear Conditioning.- Experimental Studies Confirming the Emotional Impact of Dynamic Movement and Looming Manipulations.- Introduction to Looming Cognitive Style: Construct and Measurement.- Developmental Antecedents of the LCS, the LCS as an Overarching Theme of Anxiety, and Cognitive Vulnerability-Stress Interaction.- Looming Cognitive Style Contributes to Etiological Processes in Anxiety Disorders.- Looming Vulnerability in Generalized Anxiety Disorder.- Looming Vulnerability in Panic Disorder and the Phobias.- Looming Vulnerability in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.- Exploring Potential Links between Looming Vulnerability and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.- CBT for Reducing Looming Vulnerability Distortions: Translational Concepts and Clinical Applications.- New Directions in Research: Anxiety and Beyond.- Final Synthesis and Conclusions.