Packaging, Processing, and Preservation
1. Auflage 2019,
282 Seiten, Gebunden, Format (B × H): 236 mm x 158 mm, Gewicht: 712 g
Reihe: Innovations in Agricultural & Biological Engineering
Verlag: Apple Academic Press Inc.
Kumar Dasarahally-Huligowda / Goyal / Ansar Rasul Suleria Nanotechnology Applications in Dairy ScienceThis new volume, Nanotechnology Applications in Dairy Science, is designed to provide new insight into the utilization of nanotechnology in dairy science and food science. It focuses on applications of nanotechnology in packaging and drying of dairy and meat products, nanofiltration use in the dairy industry, and whey processing and dairy encapsulation. In addition, this book will facilitate the necessary understanding of the different aspects and concerns with regard to the new technological advances that nanotechnologies are contributing to the dairy industry. It also addresses several of the challenges that are overcome by the continuing development of nanotechnology applications in the food and dairy industries.
Nanotechnology has the potential to provide healthier, safer, and better tasting foods as well as improved food packaging. It will also play a major role in food safety and agricultural sustainability. Nanotechnology application in the food industry has also contributed to the exponential progress in research and new material formulations due to its unique physicochemical properties useful to a number of other fields.
Weitere Infos & Material
Part 1: Horizons Of Nanotechnology In Packaging Of Dairy Products
1. Nanotechnology Applications in Packaging of Dairy and Meat Products
Preeti Birwal, Priyanka Rangi, and Menon Rekha Ravindra
2. Nano-Edible Coatings for Dairy Food Matrices
Sourav Garg et al.
Part 2: Applications Of Nanotechnology In Dairy Processing
3. Spray Drying Assisted Fabrication of Passive Nanostructures: From Milk Protein
H. S. Sathyashree and Rahul Saini
4. Nano-Filtration in Dairy Processing
Rahul Saini, Ajay Kumar Chauhan, and Pawan Kumar
5. Enhanced Heat Transfer with Nano-Fluid Media: Principles, Methods, and Applications in the Dairy Industry
Ravi Prakash, Menon Rekha Ravindra, and M. Manjunatha
6. Polyphenol Nano-Formulations for Cancer Therapy: Role of Milk Components
Maya Raman and Mukesh Doble
7. Regulatory Aspects of Nanotechnology for the Food Industry
C. Ramkumar, Angadi Vishwanatha, and Rahul Saini
Part 3: Novel Applications Of Nanotechnology
8. Nanotechnology and Bacteriocins: Perspectives and Opportunities
Pratima Khandelwal and R. S. Upendra
9. Encapsulation of Probiotics for Enhancing the Survival in Gastro-Intestinal Tract
Subrota Hati, Mitali R. Makwana, and Surajit Mandal
10. Encapsulation of Antioxidants Using Casein as Carrier Matrix
Ajay Kumar Chauhan, Rahul Saini, and Pawan Kumar
11. Nanotechnology Scope in Wastewater Treatment: Special Case of Dairy Effluents
H. B. Muralidhara et al.