304 Seiten, Kartoniert, Format (B × H): 156 mm x 248 mm
Reihe: How To...
Richbell How to Avoid, Manage and Resolve Business DisputesResolving disputes can end up costing the parties a considerable amount of money not only in relation to solicitors' and barristers' fees, court fees, expert witnesses fees, etc, but also in time spent working on the resolution. There is no guarantee that these costs will be fully recovered in any settlement agreement.
It is, therefore, very important for parties to understand what the best and most cost-effective way is to approach resolving any disputes and if possible prevent situations escalating and becoming a dispute in the first place.
Written by consultants and partners of The Dispute Resolution Partnership, How to Avoid, Manage and Resolve Business Disputes (originally titled: Disputes: Avoiding, Managing and Resolving) draws on their real life experiences of operating in different areas focusing on their different specialisms and resulting in a one stop shop for all those who are faced with disputes or the possibility of disputes.
Split into three parts:
1. Avoiding Disputes - effectively managing disagreements before they become disputes
2. Managing Disputes - containing the negative effect when disputes occur
3. Resolving Disputes - when all else fails, finding a cost-effective way to settlement
The book covers everything from how and why disputes occur to negotiating intelligently to workplace facilitation to rebuilding fractured relationships.
Aimed at mediators, who in a growing profession, are recognising the opportunity of expanding their offering beyond dispute resolution, in-house lawyers, CFO's and HR professionals How to Avoid, Manage and Resolve Business Disputes provides the tools to help businesses:
- deal with differences/conflict/disputes in a cost-effective way that preserves important relationships
- maintains control in-house
- reduces expenditure on external lawyers
- focus on wealth-creation, not on pursuing (or defending) claims.
How to Avoid, Manage and Resolve Business Disputes includes case studies and summary guidelines.
Weitere Infos & Material
Avoiding Disputes - effectively managing disagreements before they become disputes:
· How and why disputes occur
· Communication is everything
· Managing complaints with empathy
· Having difficult conversations
· Negotiating intelligently
· Board mentoring
· Executive coaching
Managing Disputes - containing the negative effect when disputes occur:
· Escalating dispute management process
· Third party intervention
· Workplace facilitation
· Co-operation v confrontation
· Preparing a persuasive case
Resolving Disputes - when all else fails, finding a cost-effective way to settlement:
· Choosing the appropriate process
· Assessing risk sensibly
· Developing effective strategies
· Devising creative solutions
· Rebuilding fractured relationships